2019 Prep Hoops Tournament Rules
ALL National High School Rules Apply Except for the Following
Coach Check In:
- The facility will open 30 minutes prior to 1st game.
- Coach must check in their team at the headquarter facility gate prior to the 1st game, you will
receive any necessary information there.
Length of Game:
- 3rd – 8th Boys and Girls will play two 14-minute stop time halves
- 9th – 11th Boys will play two 16-minute stop time halves
- Running clock if there is a 15 pt. lead in the 2nd half when the clock reaches the 8
- Halftime will last 2 minutes and warm up will last 3-5 minutes.
- If a team is up 20 or more points with 2 minutes or less, the game will be called.
- At the 7th team foul in a half, the opposing team shoots 1&1.
- Double bonus will begin at 10 team fouls each half.
- One coach may stand unless they receive a technical foul.
- If ejected, that player or coach will NOT be allowed to coach in next game.
- No warm-up basketballs will be provided and home teams provide the game ball.
- 3rd-6th Boys and will use a 28.5 ball. All others use 29.5.
- 1st team listed or on top of the bracket is the home team and will wear a light jersey.
- If any team is more than 5 minutes late for any game, that game will be forfeited.
- Score keepers and score board staff will be provided by Prep Hoops.
- The home team is listed 1st in pool play or on top of bracket.
- No press is up 20 points or more (3rd-8th grade ONLY).
- The tournament director has the authority to override any rules
- The 1st overtime will be a 2 minute stop clock. Thereafter, it will be one minute (stop).
- 3 full timeouts per game.
- One full timeout per overtime period, no carry over from previous halves.
- Head to Head
- Point Differential (+/-20 max)
- Points Scored
- Points Allowed